On the 4th of January, just shortly after midnight, I started another Kickstarter project. This time, it was to finance My Creative (Side) Business, another guide for freelancers. It’s been an unusual situation to not just work as a consultant to Kickstarter, but to simultaneously work on my own project, which put me back into a creator’s shoes. You should practice what you preach, so it’s been a good reminder of how it feels when your own project is live.
The greatest success of the month was the incredible press coverage #MCFSB has received that helped attract new backers, and the opportunities I have been given to share my thoughts on other outlets.
Here are some of my favourites:
- Kickstarter Publishing project of the week on AdWeek.
- "Side Projects: Your First Step to Transitioning into Starting Your Own Business" a guest post on Amazing.com.
- A Tea Talk with CloudPeeps.
- A long interview about freelancing and side projects written up by Mark Janson on Creative Boom.
- Featured on DesignTaxi.
- An interview with Frau, Frei &.
- Guest post "Say 'yes' to a greater future, start a side project!" on The Freshpreneur.
- An interview about freelancing on Look What I Made.
- A guest post about "How to build your creative side business on Passion Stories.
- An excerpt from #MCFSB on Passion Stories.
- Interview about freelancing in German on The Gap.
- Selected as one of five crowdfunding campaigns to watch on The Story Exchange.
It’s been an exciting month, to say the least. Let’s see what February will be like!